Starting from the assumption that our goal is to create a simple, functional company website, in the second step we can pre-configure a graphic theme.
I will write more about used themes, but what we want to do now is to check the basic configuration and, if necessary, make the changes we want. Themes used here, as I mentioned before, give a lot of flexibility so everyone will have to decide individually about most of the settings. What I will present in this step should be treated only as an example.
To access the theme settings, go to "Magazine" - If you choose a different theme in step 1, it will be a different name, but always with the same yellow icon 🙂 Then choose Themify Settings.
This will launch the configuration panel for the selected theme of our website. Here we will find four main tabs
- "Settings": Settings - this is where we will look most often.
- "Skins": Various predefined colour variations of the theme can be selected,
- "Transfer"This tab allows you to import and export theme settings. E.g. if we start a second page we can import the settings from the first page into it, thus saving some time,
- "Demo Imports": If required, you can import the default demo content for the site, which can be useful for analysing what how was done.
In section "Skins" At the start you can take a look at the available colours. If you find one that suits you, simply select it and save the changes.
If you don't like any of the colours offered, don't worry because the theme gives you the option to manually change the colours of the page to whatever you want.
Assuming you have chosen colour X, e.g. orange, you can jump to the main tab "Settings"
We will find here several sections, some less important and more useful, but it is up to us to decide whether we want to change anything. You may as well leave all the default settings and go straight to step 3. You will be able to adjust the configuration to your current needs at any time while working with the website.
In section "Settings" you will find the following sections:
- "Default Layout"Here we can modify the default layout for sections of the site, e.g. for the article list, search results, individual pages and articles. You can decide which elements are visible and which are hidden, whether the page layout will consist of one or several columns and on which side the side sections will be visible.
- "Theme settings" - other theme settings where you can, among other things, decide on the availability of buttons to share articles on social networks, decide on the number of sections for footer widgets or enter your own footer content in Footer Text 1 and Footer Text 2
- "Image script": if necessary, we can disable on-the-fly image processing by a PHP script
- "Social links": we define links to our profiles on social networks.
- "Themify builder"I will write more about this extremely useful tool, but here, if necessary, we can turn it off or disable some of its functionalities.
- "Twitter settings" - Twitter account details
- "Hook content" - option for more advanced users allowing to place code in specific places of the theme. This feature, like the "Themify builder" will be described separately.
Finally, once you have pre-configured your theme, save your changes. Remember that you can always go back to your settings and make changes. This way, as you develop your site, you will be able to adjust its configuration to the changing requirements of both you and your website/blog readers.
I was yet to mention the possibility of customising the colour scheme of the website.
We move to the section "Magazine" > "Customize" to launch a tool that allows you to customize the appearance of our site. We will find here not only options to modify the colour scheme of individual sections of the page.
We can also change the typeface, colour, size of the fonts used, we can define the graphic background for individual elements and much more.
Everyone has to experiment on their own, because everyone has different needs. The most important thing is that the theme allows you to do so and thanks to it you can create a website with a very individual character.
[button style="large red" link="https://panel.weweb.xyz/cart.php?a=add&pid=1″]ACTIVATE WEBSITE[/button].
In the next step, we will create a simple page structure consisting of several subpages.
[button style="large green" link="https://jak-zrobic-strone.pl/krok-3-tworzenie-podstron/" ]go to step 3[/button].